Sunday, June 2, 2013

Wildflowers infinity scarf

At last - I have completed one of my knitting projects! I love it....and I'm calling it my 'Wildflowers' infinity scarf after the name of the Manos Del Uruguay silk-merino blend yarn I used to make it. It is so soft and snuggly to wear and such lovely colours. This scarf is made with yarn I bought in New York last year from a cool shop called "Purl Soho", so now whenever I wear this scarf it will remind me of my first visit to NYC.


I knitted this infinity scarf in garter stitch using 2 skeins of Manos Del Uruguay silk-merino blend yarn, on 4.5mm straight needles. I joined the ends with a twist to create a kind of 'mobius' cowl even though I didn't knit it on circular needles like the traditional mobius patterns. The finished scarf measured 115cm without stretching before I joined the ends, and about 17cm wide (37 stitches).


No comments:

Post a Comment